Im Charlotte. You can call me Cha. All of my friends do. I'm the artist behind Cha Metals. Read along to learn a little about what I do.
three things you should know about Cha Metals jewelry...
1. All the items are handmade by me
2. I often use repurposed metal and machine pieces
3. All pieces are one of a kind. Even if I reproduce a design it never comes out exactly the same. That's the beauty of handmade jewelry
three things i draw inspiration from...
1. machines of all kinds
2. nature's ability to destroy and create
three reasons I started Cha Metals...
1. I love working with metal!
2. to show people that something beautiful doesn't have to be conventionally pretty.EMBRACE THE ANTI-PRETTY!
3. being an artist is my passion. Making jewelry that people love is a great way for me to share my art.
Three Artists who i look up to...
1. Bill Viola-video artist
2. Lola Brooks. I had the rare opportunity to study under her. She taught me what art jewelry really is. LOOK HER UP-SHE IS AMAZING
3. Frida Kahlo- the OG bad ass lady artist
1. Other kinds of art- whether it be graphic design, video, or painting- I pretty much dabble in it all
2. hanging out with one of my pets
3. Traveling- a weekend trip to visit friends in Athens,a week at my family's beach cottage on Saint Simon's, a backpacking excursion, or a grand adventure to the otherside of the world- I can't turn down an opportunity to travel
Three things i might be doing when i'm not working in the jewelry studio..
three things i love...
1. All animals (please reference the below image of me sunbathing with a pig named Melvin)
2. Wes Anderson movies- i know it's predictable
3. Mac and Cheese
three suprising things you can find in my studio...
1.Trolls! ive collected them since I was little and now I make metal ones that sit around my studio to bring good luck
2. A strange looking dog named Reuben- he's a smooth coated collie. I call him the safety inspector because he barks if I try something dangerous
3. a lounge chair-its where I do all my good thinking
three ways you can keep up with what's going on in the Cha Metals Studio...
1.Follow @chametals on Instagram for daily updates and behind the scenes looks into my process
2. Subscribe to Cha Metals by entering your email below to recieve exclusive deals and promotions
3. Like the Cha Metals Page on Facebook